85. The Zodiacal Signs (Al-Burüj)
Revealed before the Hijrah. This chapter has 22 verses.
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
1. By the sky, with its constellations;
2. By the promised Day (of Judgment);
3. By one that witnesses, and the subject of the witness;-
4. Woe to the makers of the pit (of fire),
5. Fire supplied (abundantly) with fuel:
6. Behold! they sat over against the (fire),
7. And they witnessed (all) that they were doing against the Believers.
8. And they ill-treated them for no other reason than that they believed in Allah, Exalted in Power, Worthy of all Praise!-
9. Him to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth! And Allah is Witness to all things.
10. Those who persecute the Believers, men and women, and do not turn in repentance, will have the Chastisement of Hell: they will have the Chastisement of the Burning Fire.
11. For those who believe and do righteous deeds, will be Gardens; beneath which rivers flow: that is the great Triumph,
12. Truly strong is the Grip of thy Lord.
13. It is He Who creates from the very beginning, and He can restore (life).
14. And He is the Oft-Forgiving, Full of Loving-Kindness,
15. Lord of the Throne, Full of all Glory,
16. Doer (without let) of all that He intends.
17. Has the story reached thee, of the Forces-
18. Of Pharaoh and the Thamüd?
19. And yet the Unbelievers (persist) in rejecting (the Truth)!
20. But Allah doth encompass them from behind!
21. Nay, this is a Glorious Qurán,
22. (Inscribed) in a Tablet Preserved!